Dragon Age is a dark illusion role-playing video game series designed by Canadian developer BioWare. The first game was Dragon Age: Origins, published in 2009. The series Dragon Age II was issued in March 2011. Dragon Age: Inquisition was created in November 2014. But, quite recently a number of times the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10. Although users attempt to run the executable many times but the game crash on start up.
What Prevents Dragon Age: Inquisition from Launching?
In this section, we have discussed some of the effective solutions that you can use. Also, it can fix their problem during launch errors. The reason behind the problem is not specific and it can be triggered due to several misconfigurations some of which are:
- Background Services: A service running in the background might be causing the issue. Often, Windows services or even extra third-party applications can prevent all the components of the game from functioning correctly, hence, beginning the problem.
- Missing Files: In any case, certain game files can become damaged or even go missing. All the game files are necessary for it to function and start perfectly since if even a single file is missing the game won’t launch correctly or cause problems in the game.
- Direct X/VC Redist: The Direct X and VC Redist are equipped with the game inside the game installation folder. The version of Direct X or VC Redist that you installed might be matching with the game and preventing it from starting. This can also cause Dragon Age Inquisition to crash to the desktop while launching.
- Administrative Privileges: If the game has not been granted those privileges it can lead to many issues with its functionality.
- Compatibility: Another possible reason could be the game’s variance with Windows 10. Many programs are not adjusted to the architecture of the Windows 10 properly and thus cause problems.
6 Ways to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch in Windows 10
Method 1: Run a Clean boot
In this step, we are going to be booting into Windows without any third party service or unnecessary Windows Services running. For that:
Step 1: Firstly, log in to the computer as an administrator.
Step 2: Secondly, click on the Windows Search bar or press Windows + R and type in “msconfig” and press Enter.
Step 3: Next, click on “Services” and check “all the -Microsoft Services” and “Disable All” the third-party services which are running in the background.
How to Disable All Services
Step 4: At first, right-click on “Task Bar” and select Task Manager.
Step 5: Secondly, click on the Startup tab and make sure that all the applications are disabled.
Step 6: Then, disabling Startup Applications.
Step 7: Lastly, restart your computer.
Step 8: Run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch error perseveres.
Method 2: Verify Game Files
If even a particular file is missing the game won’t start perfectly or cause issues in the game. In this step, we are going to be checking the files of the game. For that:
Step 1: Opening “Games Library” which is installed on the program file.
Step 2: In the “Game folder“, right-click on “Dragon Age.exe” and choose “Repair option“.
Step 3: Choosing the option.
Step 4: The client will begin to check the game files.
Step 5: Once done, it will automatically download any lost files and replace the damaged files if any.
Step 6: Run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Crash on Startup problem perseveres.
- Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag
- io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
- Avast Service High CPU
- Android.Process.Media Has Stopped
Method 3: Re-Installing the Direct X and VC Redist
In this step, we are going to be installing the DirectX and VC Redist that is suggested. For that:
Step 1: Navigate to this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist
Step 2: Run the “exe” and replace the previous versions.
Step 3: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc.
Step 4: Run all the “VCRedist.exe” executables file that is present inside the folder and replace the previous versions.
Step 5: Now restart your machine and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch problem perseveres.
Method 4: Grant Administrative Privileges.
In this step, we are running to be allowing the game administrative rights. For that:
Step 1: Open the game installation folder, and right-click on the game executable file.
Step 2: Select Properties and click on the Compatibility tab.
Step 3: Inside the Compatibility tab or verify the “Run as Administrator” box.
Step 4: Now run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch problem perseveres.
Method 5: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
In this step we are going to be disabling the Full-screen optimizations for which:
Step 1: First of all, open the game installation folder.
Step 2: Secondly. right-click on the game executable.
Step 3: Thirdly, select Properties and click on the Compatibility tab.
Step 4: After that, inside the Compatibility option, check the “Disable Full-Screen Optimizations“.
Step 5: Now apply these settings.
Step 6: Lastly, run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch problem perseveres.
Method 6: Troubleshoot Compatibility
in this step, we are going to be using the Windows troubleshooting tool to discover the best operating system version to work the game on. For that:
Step 1: Open the game installation Folder.
Step 2: Right-Click on the game executable and select properties.
Step 3: Click on the “Compatibility” option and select on the “Troubleshooter“.
Step 4: Now Windows will automatically discover the best operating system to run the game in compatibility mode for.
Step 5: Click on “Try Recommended Settings” and select “Test“.
Step 6: If the program runs fine, then click on apply the settings are apply and exit.
Step 7: Run the game and check to see if the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch problem perseveres.
- Taskbar Showing in Fullscreen
- This Site Can’t Be Reached
- Confirm Form Resubmission
- CompatTelRunner.exe High CPU and Disk
Hopefully, after applying these steps you will be able to fix the Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch without any error. In extreme cases, there are situations when the operating system is still incompatible with Dragon Age Inquisition. Update your system using Windows (via Update Center). The game will work. If the manufacturer indicated compatibility, then it is responsible for it. Upgrade your operating system. Reinstalling the OS is an extreme case.